Apple Sour Cream Pastry
|Cooking apples||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled, cored and sliced to make 4 cups|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Lowfat sour cream||8 Ounce (1 carton)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
2) Make the slices of apple and keep in a baking dish.
3) Bake in hot oven for 15 minutes. Keep the baked apples aside.
4) Take flour along with 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon in a big bowl.
5) Add margarine.
6) Add little water and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla and mix them well.
7) Knead the flour and make a dough. Shape the dough into a ball. Roll the balls into a circle.
8) Press the circle from the bottom and 1 1/2 inches from the sides. Bake at 400 degrees F for 5 minutes. Keep the baked balls aside.
9) Take the sour cream, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar along with lemon rind, egg, salt and 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla.
10) Beat this mixture to make them well blended.
11) Pour the sour cream mixture into the crust and top with sliced apples.
12) Take the remaining 2 tablespoons of brown sugar along with cinnamon, sugar and cardamom.
13) Sprinkle over the apples and bake for another 40 minutes at the same temperature.
14) Serve warm or cold.