Apple Sour Cream Pastry
|Cooking apples||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled, cored and sliced to make 4 cups|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Lowfat sour cream||8 Ounce (1 carton)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
2) Make the slices of apple and keep in a baking dish.
3) Bake in hot oven for 15 minutes. Keep the baked apples aside.
4) Take flour along with 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon in a big bowl.
5) Add margarine.
6) Add little water and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla and mix them well.
7) Knead the flour and make a dough. Shape the dough into a ball. Roll the balls into a circle.
8) Press the circle from the bottom and 1 1/2 inches from the sides. Bake at 400 degrees F for 5 minutes. Keep the baked balls aside.
9) Take the sour cream, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar along with lemon rind, egg, salt and 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla.
10) Beat this mixture to make them well blended.
11) Pour the sour cream mixture into the crust and top with sliced apples.
12) Take the remaining 2 tablespoons of brown sugar along with cinnamon, sugar and cardamom.
13) Sprinkle over the apples and bake for another 40 minutes at the same temperature.
14) Serve warm or cold.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1669 Calories from Fat 876
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 98 g150.9%
Saturated Fat 32.1 g160.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 290.9 mg97%
Sodium 509 mg21.2%
Total Carbohydrates 183 g61.2%
Dietary Fiber 19.6 g78.4%
Sugars 116.3 g
Protein 28 g55.2%
Vitamin A 84% Vitamin C 61.5%
Calcium 46.3% Iron 22%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet