Carob Crumb Apples
|Apples||4 , peeled, cored and chopped|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||8 1⁄3 Tablespoon, divided (1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Carob chips||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unbleached white flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1) Heat the oven to 350°F.
2) Use vegetable spray over a 9-inch pie plate.
3) In a bowl, add apples, lemon juice, honey, 3 tablespoons of the whole wheat pastry flour, and cinnamon and toss well to coat the apples.
4) Transfer into the pie plate and place middle shelf of oven for 25 minutes.
5) Set a double boiler over hot water.
6) In the top, add carob chips and butter and heat till melted, then take off from heat.
7) In a small bowl, add the rest of the whole wheat pastry flour and unbleached white flour to blend and beat well.
8) Mix into the carob mixture.
9) The mix will separate into crumbs.
10) Sprinkle the crumbs over the apple mixture and place again in oven for 25 minutes.
11) Serve warm with a sprinkle of cinnamon