Peanut Butter Apples
|Apple||1 , cored and quartered|
|Dry roasted peanuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
|Flaked unsweetened coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In an electric mixer, place roasted peanuts and grind till coarse.
2. Add water as required and grind until you get a thick smooth paste consistency.
3. Remove from mixer and transfer contents to a air tight container. Refrigerate till use.
4. Apply 1 teaspoon of prepared peanut butter on the cut sides of quartered apple.
5. Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon fine coconut and place on serving platter.
6. Follow same procedure for remaining quarters.
7. Serve immediately.
Calories 196 Calories from Fat 139
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.8%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g27.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 5 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.4%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 6 g11.6%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 2.9%
Calcium 1.2% Iron 2.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet