Frozen Crunchy Apple Whip
|Cooking apples||2 Large, peeled, cored, sliced|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Natural yoghurt||1⁄4 Pint|
|Gingernut biscuits||4 Ounce, crushed|
1) In a pan, add in the apples, water and sugar. Cover and cook on low flame for 10 minutes or until the apples become soft.
2) Pass the mixture through a strainer. Let chill in the refrigerator.
3) Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites into the apple puree. Add in the yoghurt and gingernut biscuits as well.
4) Pour the puree into individual ramekins. Cover with a foil. Seal and freeze them.
5) To thaw the Crunchy Apple Whip, keep in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
6) Serve the Frozen Crunchy Apple Whip, garnished with a dollop of whipped cream on top.
Calories 171 Calories from Fat 28
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.8%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.6 mg0.9%
Sodium 76.8 mg3.2%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.4%
Sugars 24.3 g
Protein 2 g4.4%
Vitamin A 1.1% Vitamin C 7.2%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 0.53%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet