Whipped Turnip And Apple
|Cooked rutabaga||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced|
|Apples||2 Medium, peeled, cored and cut in wedges|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Imitation butter flavoring||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a bowl, put together rutabaga with salt and pepper; mash well.
2. On top of the double boiler over very heat, place the mashed rutabaga to keep warm.
3. In a saucepan, put together apples, water and lemon juice; simmer for about 10 minutes until apples are soft.
4. In a blender, process the apples or through a sieve press them.
5. Add the processed apples to rutabaga, add butter flavouring and mace; mix well.
6. Serve Whipped Turnip And Apple with ham.