Snow Pea, Apple and Nut Fall Salad
|Snow peas||500 Gram|
|Red apple||1 Liter, unpeeled, cored and sliced|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Pecan nuts/Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For the dressing|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Plain yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Snipped fresh chives||2 Tablespoon|
1. Blanch, steam or microwave the snow peas for 3 to 4 minutes.
2. Drain well and plunge into a bowl of ice chilled water. Drain again
3. Slice and toss apple in lemon juice to prevent if from browning.
4. Combine the snow peas, apple slices and nuts in a salad bowl.
5. To make the chive dressing, combine mayonnaise and yogurt in a small bowl and whisk with a wire whisk, stir in the chives.
6. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss well until every pea pod, apple slice and nut is coated with the it.
7. Enjoy immediately.