|Cooking apples||4 Large|
|Golden syrup||4 Teaspoon|
1.Preheat oven to Regulo 4, or 350°F.
2. Using a damp cloth wipe apples and then core them. Using a small knife, lightly score round the centre of the apple, so that the skin does not split during cooking.
3. Take a heatproof dish or tin and keep apples in them.
4. Stuff each core with 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon syrup, and a small piece of butter (or with washed, dried fruit).
5. Pour in cold water so that it fills about 1/8 inches of the baking dish.
6. Bake half way down the oven for about 30 to 40 minutes, until apples are soft when tested with a skewer.
7. Upon a heated dish, keep the baked apples. Remove top half of skin if liked.
8. Gently spoon the syrup over the apples. Serve hot with custard or cream.
Calories 188 Calories from Fat 57
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g10%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g19%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 15.2 mg5.1%
Sodium 26.1 mg1.1%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.2%
Sugars 27.5 g
Protein 0.71 g1.4%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C 15.3%
Calcium 1.5% Iron 1.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet