|Cooking apples||4 Large|
|Golden syrup||4 Teaspoon|
1.Preheat oven to Regulo 4, or 350°F.
2. Using a damp cloth wipe apples and then core them. Using a small knife, lightly score round the centre of the apple, so that the skin does not split during cooking.
3. Take a heatproof dish or tin and keep apples in them.
4. Stuff each core with 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon syrup, and a small piece of butter (or with washed, dried fruit).
5. Pour in cold water so that it fills about 1/8 inches of the baking dish.
6. Bake half way down the oven for about 30 to 40 minutes, until apples are soft when tested with a skewer.
7. Upon a heated dish, keep the baked apples. Remove top half of skin if liked.
8. Gently spoon the syrup over the apples. Serve hot with custard or cream.