Glazed Baked Apples
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Apricot preserves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking apples||3 Pound (6 Large Ones)|
|Ice cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened|
1) Preheat oven moderate to 375F.
2) Wash apples and remove cores without cutting blossom ends.
3) Peel 1 inch around stem ends.
4) In a small saucepan mix sugar, corn syrup and 1/4 cup water.
5) Stir and boil, decrease heat and cook covered for 5 minutes.
6) Take off from heat and mix preserves and butter.
7) In a 12-by-8-by-2-inch baking dish arrange the peeled ends down.
8) Pour the syrupy mixture over apples.
9) Cover the dish with foil.
10) Bake covered for 30 minutes. Remove the foil.
11) Put the peeled end up and brush with the syrup in pan.
12) Bake uncovered for 20 to 30 minutes basting occasionally.
13) Put the dish on wire rack to cool, basting in between.
15) Serve chilled or at room temperature with soft ice cream or light cream.
Calories 371 Calories from Fat 66
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.5%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g22.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 22.9 mg7.6%
Sodium 21.6 mg0.9%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.8%
Sugars 62 g
Protein 1 g2.9%
Vitamin A 9.3% Vitamin C 29.6%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 0.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet