Raisin Apple and Nut Relish
|Prepared mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Ground allspice||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ginger root piece||1 (Use Whole)|
|Cooking apples||4 Medium|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Peel the apples and core and cut each into eighths.
2) Crosswise quarter each eighth.
3) In a saucepan, add mustard and sugar and mix well.
4) Add vinegar, water, and spices, cinnamon sticks and ginger.
5) Allow to boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
6) Discard cinnamon and ginger from the mixture.
7) Add in the apples, raisins, and nuts.
8) Bring to boil, simmer for 10 minutes and cool.
9) Serve with poultry or ham.