Uptown Baked Apple
|Nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray||3|
|Mcintosh apples||20 Ounce (4 Small Sized, About 5 Ounce Each)|
|Mixed dried fruit||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), diced|
|Apricot jam||4 Tablespoon|
|Frozen phyllo dough sheets||8 , thawed according to package directions (17 X 12 Inches In Size)|
|Reduced fat sour cream||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Lightly coat 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Stand apples upright and carefully core each apple from top to within 1/2 inch of bottom. Cut 1/4-inch-thin slice from top. Fill cavities with mixed dried fruit and dot with butter. Place 1 tablespoon apricot jam on top of each.
3. Place phyllo on clean, dry surface. Cover lightly with waxed paper and then with a slightly dampened towel, to prevent drying out.
4. Place sheet of waxed paper on work surface, and lift 1 sheet of phyllo onto waxed paper. Lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray. Place another sheet on top and again lightly coat. Stand 1 apple in center of phyllo. Lifting both sheets, bring one corner up and over top of apple and down other side. Repeat with other 3 corners so apple is completely covered, pressing phyllo against apple smoothly and securely. Place phyllo-covered apple in prepared pan and lightly coat with cooking spray. Repeat with remaining phyllo, more nonstick cooking spray, and apples.
5. Bake in 375° oven until phyllo is golden brown and apples are tender when pierced with a wooden pick, 30 to 35 minutes. Transfer pan to wire rack to cool, 10 to 15 minutes. Using spatula, transfer apples to dessert plates and halve each apple lengthwise using serrated knife. Serve warm, cut sides up, and pour any juices remaining in pan over apples. Dollop with reduced-fat sour cream and sprinkle with cinnamon, if you'd like.
Calories 535 Calories from Fat 136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g18.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8 mg2.7%
Sodium 237.7 mg9.9%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g32.1%
Dietary Fiber 12.4 g49.6%
Sugars 53.1 g
Protein 12 g23.7%
Vitamin A 6.9% Vitamin C 11.2%
Calcium 6% Iron 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet