Brussels Sprouts And Apples
|Brussels sprouts||1 Pound (4 Cups, 500 Grams)|
|Apple juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Apples||2 , cut in 1/2-inch cubes|
|Apples||2 , cut into 1/2 inch cubes|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, softened|
1. In the base of each sprout cut "X" to permit even cooking.
2. in 8-cup (2 liter) casserole place brussels sprouts, pour in apple juice, cover and microwave at High for 4 minutes.
3. Add apples and microwave, covered, at High, for 4 to 5 minutes or just until apples are tender.
4. Let it stand, covered, for 2 minutes and stir in butter, cinnamon and salt.
5. Place on a serving dish and serve warm with or without garnish.
Calories 187 Calories from Fat 58
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.3%
Saturated Fat 4 g19.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg5.4%
Sodium 95.2 mg4%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32%
Sugars 19.5 g
Protein 4 g8.6%
Vitamin A 22.5% Vitamin C 172.2%
Calcium 6% Iron 10.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet