Pork And Apples In Cream
|Apple||1 Small, pared, cored, and sliced|
|Onion||1⁄4 , sliced|
|Granulated brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Unsweetened apple juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||2 Fluid Ounce|
|Enriched all purpose flour||2 Teaspoon|
|Skimmed milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), evaporated|
|White pepper||1 Dash|
|Pork||8 Ounce, sliced, cooked|
1) In 9-inch skillet,put margarine,heat till it is bubbly and hot.
2) Now add apple, onion, and brown sugar and fry quickly by turning frequently until onion is tender and translucent.
3) Combine apple juice and sherry and allow the mixture to boil.
4) Lower heat to a simmer and cook further for about 3 minutes,but cook only to an extent where apples are still firm and not too mushy.
5) Scatter flour over the mixture and mix thoroughly to combine.
6) Add milk, salt, and pepper and cook, mixing all the while till it thickens a little but do not boil.
7) Now add pork slices and reduce to a simmer till the mixture is well heated.
8) Portion pork between plates and spoon apple cream mixture over the top before serving.