Poached Apple Sections
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon (Divided)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon peel strip||2 Inch|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1) Pare, core and slice the apples into wedges.
2) In a small bowl, place the apples in water, add 1 teaspoon lemon juice and keep aside.
3) In a small saucepan, bring 3/4 cup water and lemon peel to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
4) Drain and stir in the apples alongwith honey, vanilla and 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
5) Cook for 8 to 10 minutes until the apples are tender, then
remove and discard the lemon peel.
6) Serve immediately in custard bowls.