|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|American cheddar cheese||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Ice water||4 Tablespoon|
|Apples||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Orange rind||1 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||4 Tablespoon|
1) Combine together and sift the flour, salt, and baking powder.
2) Using 2 knives or a pastry blender, cut in the shortening.
3) Add in the cheese and mix well.
4) Add enough water till the ingredients hold well.
5) Refrigerate the mix.
6) Drain the liquid from the canned apples.
7) Add in the rind and mix well.
8) Roll out the pastry to a 1/8 inch thickness.
9) Cut with a 3-inch round cutter.
10) Arrange an apple slice on one-half of the pastry circle.
11) Add a walnut or pecan, and dust with sugar.
12) Moisten the edges of the pastry, fold over, and press down the edges to seal.
13) Flute with a pastry wheel.
14) Pierce with a fork or lightly slit each in the center.
15) Arrange on a baking sheet.
16) Place in the oven at 425° and bake for 10-15 minutes.
17) Serve warm or cold.