Maple Apple Bake
|Low calorie pancake syrup||2 Teaspoon (Divided, 60 Calories Per 1 Fluid Ounce)|
|Poppy seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Apple juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (No Sugar Added)|
|Evaporated milk||2 Tablespoon, skimmed|
|Unsweetened apple juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Evaporated skimmed milk||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
2) Core each apple 1/2 inch from bottom and remove a thin skin strip from around center of each apple.
3) In a small baking dish, place the apples upright and spoon each apple cavity with 1/2 teaspoon pancake syrup and 1/4 teaspoon poppy seed.
4) Pour over the apple juice and drizzle with rest of the pancake syrup.
5) Bake in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes, until tender.
6) Remove the apples on a serving plate and keep aside.
7) In a small saucepan, pour the juice remaining in the baking dish, stir in the milk and cook over a high heat, stirring continuously until the sauce is thickened.
8) Pour the sauce equally over each apple and serve immediately.
Calories 144 Calories from Fat 16
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.8%
Saturated Fat 0.77 g3.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7.5 mg2.5%
Sodium 51.1 mg2.1%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.6%
Sugars 26.2 g
Protein 3 g5.1%
Vitamin A 3.1% Vitamin C 8.2%
Calcium 14.5% Iron 6.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet