Spicy Apple Egg Nog
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Dash|
|Apple juice||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), whipped|
1. In a medium (2-quart) microwaveable measuring cup or bowl, add egg yolks and beat lightly with a fork.
2. Add sugar, salt, spices and apple juice whisk until well blended.
3. Stir in milk.
4. Place in microwave and heat for 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occassionaly.
5. In a dry clean mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff.
6. Pour the hot egg-milk mixture over egg whites, stirring constantly and quickly, until well blended and frothy
7. Pour into warm mugs
8. Spoon whipped cream on top of each serving.
Calories 308 Calories from Fat 170
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.4%
Saturated Fat 10.9 g54.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 163.8 mg54.6%
Sodium 357.9 mg14.9%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9%
Dietary Fiber 0.35 g1.4%
Sugars 25.4 g
Protein 9 g18.5%
Vitamin A 14.8% Vitamin C 0.34%
Calcium 23.1% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet