Warm Apple Slices with Custard Sauce
|Confectioners sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned sliced apples||20 Ounce|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
To make custard sauce:
1. In top of double boiler heat milk, over direct heat, until bubbles form around the edge of the pan.
2. In small bowl, slightly beat egg yolks with 3 tablespoons granulated sugar and the salt.
3. Gradually add hot milk, stirring constantly and return to double-boiler top.
4. Cook stirring constantly, over simmering water until mixture coats a metal spoon.
5. Stir in vanilla and pour into small bowl.
6. Refrigerate, covered, until chilled.
7. Drain apple slices well discard liquid and place slices in medium saucepan.
8. Stir in 1/2 cup granulated sugar and the lemon juice.
9. Heat to boiling, reduce heat and cook, uncovered and stirring once or twice for 20 minutes until apples are glazed and liquid has evaporated.
10. Keep warm.
11. In small bowl, whip cream and confectioners' sugar until the cream is stiff.
12. Spoon warm apple slices into 4 dessert dishes, dividing evenly.
13. Pour the chilled custard over each serving, top with whipped cream and serve.