Fire And Ice
|Vanilla ice milk/Low fat ice cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Finely chopped jalapeno||2 Teaspoon|
|Grated lime peel||1 Teaspoon, divided|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Peeled and chopped kiwifruit||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh raspberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a small saucepan, combine water, sugar and ½ teaspoon lime peel
2. Heat to boiling point, stirring until sugar dissolves.
3. Boil syrup, another 5 minutes or until reduced to 1/3rd .
4. Take pan off heat and let syrup cool to room temperature.
5. In a small bowl, slightly soften ice milk and stir in jalapeno and remaining lime peel.
6. Freeze until firm.
7. In a liquidizer or food blender jar, combine the kiwifruit and lime juice.
8. Blend into a smooth puree.
9. Add the prepared sugar-lime syrup and pulse until blended.
10. Into a bowl, strain the kiwi puree through a fine meshed strainer to remove kiwi seeds and lime peel.
11. Refrigerate kiwi fruit mixture until chilled.
12. Into 6 chilled dessert bowls, pour equal amounts of kiwifruit mixture
13. Use an ice-cream scoop to scoop frozen jalapeno ice milk and place over kiwi mixture.
14. Scatter raspberries on top.
15. Garnish with lime peel strips, if desired.
16. Serve immediately.