Fire And Ice
|Vanilla ice milk/Low fat ice cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Finely chopped jalapeno||2 Teaspoon|
|Grated lime peel||1 Teaspoon, divided|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Peeled and chopped kiwifruit||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh raspberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a small saucepan, combine water, sugar and ½ teaspoon lime peel
2. Heat to boiling point, stirring until sugar dissolves.
3. Boil syrup, another 5 minutes or until reduced to 1/3rd .
4. Take pan off heat and let syrup cool to room temperature.
5. In a small bowl, slightly soften ice milk and stir in jalapeno and remaining lime peel.
6. Freeze until firm.
7. In a liquidizer or food blender jar, combine the kiwifruit and lime juice.
8. Blend into a smooth puree.
9. Add the prepared sugar-lime syrup and pulse until blended.
10. Into a bowl, strain the kiwi puree through a fine meshed strainer to remove kiwi seeds and lime peel.
11. Refrigerate kiwi fruit mixture until chilled.
12. Into 6 chilled dessert bowls, pour equal amounts of kiwifruit mixture
13. Use an ice-cream scoop to scoop frozen jalapeno ice milk and place over kiwi mixture.
14. Scatter raspberries on top.
15. Garnish with lime peel strips, if desired.
16. Serve immediately.
Calories 137 Calories from Fat 20
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.5%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 9.8 mg3.3%
Sodium 47 mg2%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.7%
Sugars 24 g
Protein 3 g5.3%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 61.6%
Calcium 1.8% Iron 1.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet