Apple And Cheddar Strata
|Vegetable oil cooking spray/Cooking spray||1|
|Raisin bread slices/Oatmeal / white bread||8 , in 1/2 inch cubes (Day Old)|
|Olive oil/Canola oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Apples||2 , cored and diced|
|Shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|1% low fat milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||To Taste|
1. Collect and measure all the required ingredients.
2. Preheat oven to 375°F.
3. Grease and 8-inch square baking dish with vegetable oil or cooking spray.
4. In the baking dish, arrange 3/4 of bread cubes in a single layer.
5. In a nonstick skillet, heat oil.
6. Add and sauté the apples until softened.
7. Arrange apples and cheese and remaining bread in layers. Sprinkle with brown sugar after every layer.
8. In a mixing bowl, beat together milk, egg whites, eggs, and baking powder.
9. Pour egg mixture over the layer of bread in the baking dish.
10. Sprinkle a little ground cinnamon.
11. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes until set and golden brown.
12. Remove from oven and stand for 5 minutes
13. Cut into squares and serve while still hot.