Cranberry and Apple Cheese Mousse
|Frozen cranberries||1⁄2 Pound|
|Apple slices||1⁄2 Pound (Frozen)|
|Caster sugar||5 Ounce|
|Pink coloring||1 (Edible)|
|Powdered gelatin||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Orange||1 , grated rind and juiced|
|Lemon||1 , grated rind and juiced|
|Cottage cheese||12 Ounce|
|Soured cream||1⁄4 Pint|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint|
1. In a saucepan place the cranberries and apple slices with 2 ounces sugar.
Heat gently until the fruit softens
2. Drain this, bring the juice to 1/4 pt with a bit of water and add a few drops of pink colouring.
3. Dissolve 1.5 level teaspoons of gelatine in the fruit syrup, add it into the fruit and pour into a 3.5 pint ring mould; chill until set.
4. In an electric blender blend together the rinds and juices from the orange and lemon with two ounces of caster sugar, the cottage cheese, soured cream and egg yolks.
5.Take 3 tablespoons water in a small basin, sprinkle 1.5 level tablespoons gelatine in it and place over a pan with hot water and heat gently to dissolve the gelatin.
6. Put in a blender and blend only for a few seconds and then remove onto a bowl
7. Whip the cream until it begins to leave a trail when lifted; Add to the cheese mixture
8. Beat egg whites until stiff, add the remaining 1 ounce of sugar and whisk again; add into the bulk mixture.
9. Pour the cheese mousse over the cranberry and apple jelly in the mould.
10. Chill well and serve when set