|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bread crumbs||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1) When ready to use, core, pare, and slice the apples.
2) In a saucepan, add the apples and 1 cup of water, and cook till tender.
3) Add in 1 /2 cup of sugar.
4) In a pan, heat butter, and add in crumbs and 2 tablespoons sugar.
5) Cook, stirring, till the crumbs brown.
6) Arrange in a baking dish, alternating layers of crumbs and apples.
7) Place in the oven at 375 degrees and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
8) Allow to cool.
9) Serve topped with whipped cream.