Apple And Walnut Pizza-Go-Round
|Pie crust mix||2|
|Juicy apples||8 Medium (Pared)|
|Lemon juice||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
1) Read the package directions and prepare the pie crust mix.
2) From aluminum foil, cut out a 15-inch circle.
3) Roll the pastry on the foil circle and trim the edges, if required.
4) Place on the pizza baking sheet.
5) Core and slice the apples.
6) Overlap the apple slices in a circular pattern, 1 inside the other, beginning 3/4-inches from the edge of the pastry.
7) Add lemon juice over the apples.
8) Mix in 1/3 cup sugar with spices and add over the apples.
9) Mix together the flour and 1/2 cup sugar.
10) Cut in butter till the mix resembles bread crumbs.
11) Sprinkle over the apple mixture.
12) Turn up the rim of the pastry and foil and then flute.
13) Add the walnuts over the top.
14) Place in the oven at 450 degree and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, till the crust is brown and apples are tender.
15) Serve warm, topped with little whipped cream or small cheese wedges.