Taffy Apple Blossom
|Light molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Pint|
1) In a 10-inch skillet, combine the molasses, sugar, 1/2 cup water and lemon juice.
2) Peel and core the apples and boil the molasses mix.
3) Mix in the apples and lower the heat.
4) Place a lid and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
5) Remove lid and turn the apples.
6) Again simmer for about 30 minutes, till tender.
8) Cut the apples 3/4 of the way down and form petals.
9) Scoop out 6 small scoops of ice cream and place in the freezing compartment.
10) When ready to serve, place one ice cream ball in the center of each apple.