Fresh Apple Cookies
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated apple||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon (For Topping)|
1) Preheat oven moderately hot to 350°F (180°C).
2) Grease cookie sheets with butter.
3) For the Electric Mixer Method, cream butter and shortening in a bowl.
4) Beat in sugar till fluffy.
5) Beat in egg and extracts.
6) In a medium bowl mix thoroughly flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
7) Blend slowly to the creamed mixture and mix completely.
8) Beat in grated apple.
9) For the Food Processor Method, begin with grating apples with grating blade to yield 2 cups.
10) Set aside the apples.
11) Cream butter and shortening with metal blade.
12) Blend in sugar.
13) Add egg and extracts while the processor is running and blend well.
14) In a medium bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
15) Add one half of the quantity at a time to the workbowl and blend well.
16) Blend apple and pulse in batter.
17) Drop one teaspoons at a time on the prepared cookie sheets.
18) Bake for 12-15 minutes until brown.
19) Sprinkle ground cinnamon on top when still hot.
20) Cool on wire racks.
21) Serve cold.