|Mashed sweet potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red cinnamon candies||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Core and peel the apples.
2) In a saucepan, add together the candies, sugar, and 1/2 cup water.
3) Place over moderate heat and cook for about 15 minutes, till the sugar and candies dissolve and the syrup turns thick.
4) Add the apples into the syrup.
5) Allow to simmer till the apples are well-coated with the syrup and are partially cooked.
6) Take out the apples and arrange in a baking dish.
7) Keep aside the syrup for later use.
8) Mix together the sweet potatoes, salt, brown sugar and pecans.
9) Stuff the apples with this mixture and add the reserved syrup over the top.
10) Place in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for about 25 to 30 minutes, till tender. Baste regularly.
11) Place the large marshmallow on top of each apple just before removing from the oven.
12) Bake for another 5 minutes, till brown.
13) Serve immediately.