Maple Apple Carrot Dish
|Onion||1 Large, sliced to make about 3/4 cup|
|Carrots||6 Medium, peeled and sliced|
|Maple flavored syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Tart apples||2 Medium, unpeeled , cut into wedges|
1) In a pan, saute the onion in the butter until tender, avoid browning.
2) Stir in the syrup, carrots, and salt.
3) Cook covered over a gentle heat for about 15 min.
4) Lastly, stir in the apple and simmer covered for further 15 min, stirring occasionally until the carrots soften.
5) Serve immediately in a nice plate.