Apple Kraut Special
|Sauerkraut||1 Can (10 oz) (No. 2, 1 Can)|
|Frankfurters||12 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned apple sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Caraway seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2. Take a bowl and mix sliced frankfurters (cut in 1’’ pieces), apple sauce, onions, sour cream, sauerkraut.
3. Take a shallow baking dish of 9" x 9" x 2" and spread the sauerkraut mixture over it.
4. Take a bowl and sieve baking powder, salt, flour, and caraway seeds.
5. Add the shortening by cutting it using pastry blender or 2 knives.
6. Hold the ingredients together by adding lots of milk.
7. Roll out the dough on floured surface in 1’’inch thickness.
8. Mold them into round shapes using cutter.
9. Arrange the biscuits over sauerkraut mixture and bake at 400° F for about 45 minutes.
10. Serve as required.