|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bacon drippings||4 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
1. Wash. peel, core and cut the apples into segments of ½ -inch thickness.
2. In a saucepan, add the apple slices to bacon drippings and lightly sauté.
3. Cover with water and bring to a boil.
4. Cover the pan and simmer until tender.
5. Uncover and simmer until the water evaporates.
6. Add the sugar to the apples and sauté until they are coated with caramelized sugar sauce.
7. Serve along with roasts.
Calories 183 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.6%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g16.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7.6 mg2.5%
Sodium 41.9 mg1.7%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 27 g
Protein 0.26 g0.52%
Vitamin A 1.1% Vitamin C 7.7%
Calcium 0.6% Iron 0.68%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet