Flaky Apple Wreath
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs) (sifted)|
|Light cream||1 Tablespoon|
|Sweetened applesauce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Confectioner' s sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Whipping cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Cut the butter into the flour till it resembles cornmeal.
2) In a bowl, mix together egg and enough cream to measure 1/2 cup liquid.
3) Add over the flour mix and gently toss till a firm dough is formed.
4) Divide into 4 equal parts and shape into balls.
5) Wrap in waxed paper and chill.
6) On a floured surface, using 1 ball at a time, roll to a 1/2-inch thickness.
7) Cut a circle around a 9-inch inverted pie pan.
8) Cut a 3-inch round hole from the center. Keep aside the center dough for later use.
9) On an ungreased baking sheet, place a large circle of dough and prick several times.
10) In a bowl, add 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the mixture over the pastry ring.
11) Place in the oven and bake at 450 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes, till light brown.
12) Cool the ring and remove from the pan.
13) Repeat, using all dough.
14) Cut desired shapes from the reserved centers and place in the oven along with the fourth circle.
15) Place 1 pastry ring on a serving plate and spread with 1/3 of the applesauce.
16) Repeat and stack all circles, finishing with a plain top circle.
17) Dust with confectioners' sugar.
18) Whip the cream till thick.
19) Fold in 3 tablespoons sugar and vanilla.
20) Spoon into the center of the ring and decorate with baked pastry cut-outs.
21) Fill the about an hour or less before serving.
22) Slice into wedges and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4668 Calories from Fat 2257
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 255 g393%
Saturated Fat 160.4 g801.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 960.5 mg320.2%
Sodium 221.5 mg9.2%
Total Carbohydrates 532 g177.4%
Dietary Fiber 19.9 g79.8%
Sugars 222.3 g
Protein 47 g94.7%
Vitamin A 120.5% Vitamin C 0.31%
Calcium 27.3% Iron 103.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet