Glazed Baked Apples
|Baking apples||4 Large|
|Butter/Margarine||6 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated lemon peel||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red currant jelly||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Core the apples and pare 1/3 down from the stem.
2) Arrange in a baking dish.
3) In a mixing bowl, add 2 tablespoons butter, raisins, lemon peel and cinnamon and fill in the centers of the apples with the mix.
4) Top each apple with 1/2 teaspoon butter.
5) Mix together 2/3 cup boiling water and sugar and add over the apples.
6) Place a lid over and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, basting once or twice with the syrup.
7) Remove from the oven.
8) In a saucepan, gently heat jelly, while stirring with a fork.
9) Add the syrup over the apples.
10) Place in a broiler for 3 to 4 minutes, keeping 3 inches away from heat.
11) Serve warm or cold with cream.