Glazed Baked Apples
|Baking apples||4 Large|
|Butter/Margarine||6 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated lemon peel||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red currant jelly||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Core the apples and pare 1/3 down from the stem.
2) Arrange in a baking dish.
3) In a mixing bowl, add 2 tablespoons butter, raisins, lemon peel and cinnamon and fill in the centers of the apples with the mix.
4) Top each apple with 1/2 teaspoon butter.
5) Mix together 2/3 cup boiling water and sugar and add over the apples.
6) Place a lid over and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, basting once or twice with the syrup.
7) Remove from the oven.
8) In a saucepan, gently heat jelly, while stirring with a fork.
9) Add the syrup over the apples.
10) Place in a broiler for 3 to 4 minutes, keeping 3 inches away from heat.
11) Serve warm or cold with cream.
Calories 417 Calories from Fat 61
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.8%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g21.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 17.5 mg5.8%
Sodium 22.5 mg0.9%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.6%
Sugars 75.5 g
Protein 1 g2.9%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C 30.4%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet