Country Fresh Apple Bake
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), divided|
|Ground cinnamon||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Refrigerated crescent rolls||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Apple||1 Large, cored, peeled, and cut into 8 slices|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Amaretto/1/2 teaspoon almond extract plus 2 teaspoons water||1 Tablespoon|
|Sliced almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Take a small bowl, add cinnamon and ¼ cup sugar and mix well.
3. Make 8 triangles out of the dough.
4. Take half sugar-cinnamon mixture and spread mixture on each triangle, while flattening the triangles gently using fingertips.
5. At each triangle’s end, keep a slice of apple and tuck the edges.
6. Starting from the wide end, roll upwards and seal the ridge.
7. Take a 9-inch pie plate or round baking dish and arrange ridge facing down, with the long side of 7 of the crescent rolls on the outer edge of the dish, while 1 in the middle.
8. Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or till cake turns golden brown.
9. Take a small bowl, using wire whisk blend cream, ½ cup sugar, amaretto and egg.
10. Spread sauce on the rolls in an even form.
11. Top with rest of the cinnamon-sugar mixture and almonds.
12. Bake for about 13 to 18 minutes or till cake becomes deep golden brown.
13. Cover the baking dish using a foil, just 5 minutes before removing from the oven.
14. Serve warm.