Cinnamon Apple Fritters
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red delicious apples/Other cooking apples||3 Large, peeled, cored, cut crosswise into slices 1/4 inch thick|
|Canola oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1. Take a shallow bowl, add egg, salt, sugar and cinnamon and beat well.
2. In a small bowl, sieve in flour with baking powder. Add to egg mixture alternating with milk and whisk. Keep aside for 10 minutes and then stir.
3. Take a deep saucepan or sauté pan, add 1 inch oil and heat to 375°F.
4. Slice the apples and make into batches of 4 slices each. Dip each apple slice in the egg mixture well and add to hot oil. Deep fry to golden brown on one side, turn to other side and fry for about 30 to 45 more seconds for even browning.
5. With a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels and drain.
6. Dust with confectioner's sugar and serve hot.