Cinnamon Apple Squares
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Soft butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cinnamon||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Apples||2 Medium, peeled, finely chopped to make 2 cups|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ice cream/Whipped cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Serving)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Grease a 9 inch X 13 inch baking tin with butter or oil
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and butter.
4. Using your finger tips, rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles cake crumbs.
5. Stir in the pecans.
6. Turn 3/4th of the crumble mixture into greased dish and press to cover the base.
7. To remaining crumble remaining ingredients and mix with a spatula.
8. Spread this mixture over the crumble base.
9. Place tin on the middle level of the preheated oven.
10. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes golden brown and set.
11. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
12. Cut into equal size squares.
13. Serve warm with a generous scoop of ice cream or whipped cream.