Apple Stuffed Kippers
|Kippers||4 , frozen (2 Pairs)|
|Button mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound, frozen|
|Tomatoes||1⁄4 Pound, skinned|
|Apple||1 , peeled and cored|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F (mark 7).
2) Thaw the frozen kippers in the refrigerator for about 3 to 4 hours.
3) Gently remove the bones, fold and keep the kippers in an oblong ovenproof dish.
4) In a saucepan, toss the frozen mushrooms in the melted butter for a few seconds and coarsely chop them.
5) Dice the tomatoes and apple, stir into the mushrooms, then mix the salt and lemon juice.
6) Stuff the mixture into the kippers and fold over the tails.
7) Cover and bake in the preheated oven at 425°F (mark 7) for 20-25 minutes.
8) Serve immediately in a nice dish.
Calories 1042 Calories from Fat 532
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g92.2%
Saturated Fat 15.7 g78.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 345 mg115%
Sodium 3087.4 mg128.6%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.5%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 109 g218.6%
Vitamin A 20.7% Vitamin C 19.2%
Calcium 79.2% Iron 61.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet