Yam Apple And Raisin Casserole
|Yams||4 Medium, peeled and sliced 1/2" thick|
|Apples||2 , peeled, cored, and cut in 1/4" rings (Use Mcintosh, Baldwin, Or Jonathan)|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soft white bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. Grease a 2-quart casserole with butter.
3. Layer yams, apples, and raisins alternately in the casserole, sprinkling salt between each layer
4. Generously sprinkle sugar and spoon butter over the top layer.
5. Cover casserole with a lid or with foil.
6. Bake on the middle level of the preheated oven for 50 minutes until yams are tender, basting with butter once or twice.
7. Combine crumbs and melted butter.
8. Sprinkle on the yams to make a crust.
9. Return to oven uncovered and continue baking for another 10 minutes until golden.
10. Spoon the yams straight from the casserole at the table