Cabbage and Apple Saute
|Shredded cabbage||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Red / White, 1/2 Medium Head)|
|Apple||1 Medium, coarsely chopped|
|Golden onion soup mix||1 (1 Envelope Lipton)|
|Caraway seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Apple juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a medium mixing bowl, blend the soup mix in the apple juice. Add caraway seeds and pepper, stir and keep aside until required.
2. In a large heavy bottomed skillet, heat the oil over a medium flame.
3. When the oil is hot but not smoking, add the shredded cabbage and chopped apple and sauté for about 5 minutes until the cabbage is soft.
4. Pour in the soup-apple juice mixture, stir to blend in and simmer for 10 minutes until the cabbage and apple are tender.
5. Taste for seasoning and adjust to your liking.
6. This makes for an excellent side dish to beef roasts and stews. You can also use it as a stuffing for your roasts.
7. You can serve the sauté hot or cold as desired.
Calories 165 Calories from Fat 71
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.4%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 799.8 mg33.3%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.9%
Sugars 12 g
Protein 2 g4.4%
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 46.9%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 5.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet