Peach and Apple Slice
|Frozen puff pastry||8 Ounce, thawed|
|Cooking apples||3⁄4 Pound, peeled, cored and sliced|
|Caster sugar||1 Ounce|
|Ground cinnamon||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Canned sliced peaches||15 Ounce, drained|
|Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2) Chop the peach slices into small cubes, reserving about 12 slices.
3) On a lightly floured board, roll the pastry to a 9 inch square. Cut off a rectangular piece ( 9 inch × 5inch) and place it on a moist baking sheet.
4) Use a fork and prick it well. Coat the edges with beaten eggs and make a 1 inch border around the pastry.
5) Cut 2 strips of the size 9inch × 5 inch, from the remaining rolled out pastry and place them on the top of the longer side of the base pastry. Press firmly.
6) Further, cut 2 strips for the shorter side of 5 inch × 1 inch and press them firmly onto the sides.
7) Coat the edges with egg and place the pastry case in preheated oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes, until the pastry is tanned.
8) In the meantime, take a saucepan and combine, apples, sugar, and water and place it over low heat. Cook the mixture until apples are tender.
9) Remove the pan from heat and whisk the mixture. Add currants, cinnamon, and sultanas.
10) Stir in the chopped peach slices. Pour the mixture over the baked pastry and line the pastry edges with the 12 peach slices.
11) Slice and serve warm.