|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (Juice Of 1 Lemon)|
|Lemon rind strip||1|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooking apples||4 Medium|
1) Take a shallow saucepan and pour water, lemon juice, lemon rind and sugar.
2) Stir well till the sugar has dissolved and allow the mixture to reach the boiling point.
3) Skin the apples and put them in the pan.
4) Simmer until they are soft.
5) Stir in the Curacao and butter or margarine.
6) Toss the apples in the syrup to coat them well.
7) Serve warm with whipped cream, if desired.