|Cooking apples||2 Pound, peeled, cored and sliced|
|Brown sugar||6 Tablespoon|
|Cornflakes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Shredded coconut||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
1) Preheat oven to moderately temperature - 375°F, Gas Mark 5.
2) In a saucepan, put the apples.
3) Pour the water along with four tablespoons of sugar.
4) Now, cover the ingredients and allow the mixture to simmer gently.
5) Cook until the apples become soft.
6) Take 4 small oven proof dishes and empty the contents into them.
7) Mix together the coconut, cornflakes, lemon rind and the remaining sugar.
8) Sprinkle the mixture on top of the apples.
9) Dot with margarine or butter.
10) Bake for 20 minutes.
11) Serve with ice cream.