Apple Nut Cookies
|Shortening||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Oats||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), uncooked|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1) Preheat the oven to 375F.
2) In a bowl cream the shortening and sugar using electric mixer till the mixture turns light and fluffy. Ensure that sugar gets completely dissolved.
3) Add egg and water to this mixture and beat them lightly.
4) Add all-purpose flour, baking powder, soda , salt and nutmeg to this mixture and blend it well using a electric mixer.
5) Add apple, raisins, walnuts and oats to this mixture and combine well.
6) Portion out the batter on a greased baking sheet and bake at 375 F for about 10-12 minutes.
7) Serve Apple Nut cookies with coffee.