Cinnamon Glazed Baked Apples
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cinnamon candies||2 Tablespoon|
|Baking apples||1 Pound (2 Large Sized)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly grease a small baking dish.
2. Make Glaze: In small saucepan, combine sugar and cinnamon candies with 1/2 cup water; bring to boiling, stirring until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Pare each apple one third way down side. Core apples, leaving bottom intact.
4. Brush apples with lemon juice; arrange in baking dish. Dot centers with butter; brush generously with some of glaze.
5. Bake apples, uncovered, 1 hour, brushing frequently with rest of glaze.
Calories 183 Calories from Fat 6
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.65 g1%
Saturated Fat 0.34 g1.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.3 mg0.4%
Sodium 3 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.9%
Sugars 42 g
Protein 0.32 g0.63%
Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C 8.5%
Calcium 0.6% Iron 0.46%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet