1. Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly grease a small baking dish.
2. Make Glaze: In small saucepan, combine sugar and cinnamon candies with 1/2 cup water; bring to boiling, stirring until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Pare each apple one third way down side. Core apples, leaving bottom intact.
4. Brush apples with lemon juice; arrange in baking dish. Dot centers with butter; brush generously with some of glaze.
5. Bake apples, uncovered, 1 hour, brushing frequently with rest of glaze.