Cinnamon Glazed Baked Apples
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cinnamon candies||2 Tablespoon|
|Baking apples||1 Pound (2 Large Sized)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly grease a small baking dish.
2. Make Glaze: In small saucepan, combine sugar and cinnamon candies with 1/2 cup water; bring to boiling, stirring until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Pare each apple one third way down side. Core apples, leaving bottom intact.
4. Brush apples with lemon juice; arrange in baking dish. Dot centers with butter; brush generously with some of glaze.
5. Bake apples, uncovered, 1 hour, brushing frequently with rest of glaze.