Apple Yam Bake
|Tart apples||6 Medium, pared, quartered, cored and cut in thick slices to make 6 cups|
|Canned yams/Sweet potatoes||1 Pound, halved (1 Can)|
|Grated orange rind||1 Tablespoon|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||6 Tablespoon (3/4 Stick)|
|Whole wheat cereal flakes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Mix the apples, potatoes and orange rind in 12-cup baking dish.
2. Mix brown sugar, salt and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle half over apple mixture; toss lightly to mix. Drizzle 3 tablespoons of the melted butter or margarine over top; cover.
3. Bake in moderate oven (350°) for 1 hour.
4. Toss cereal flakes with remaining brown-sugar mixture; lightly stir in remaining melted butter or margarine. Sprinkle over apple mixture. Do not cover.
5. Bake 15 minutes longer, or until topping is crisp.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3126 Calories from Fat 758
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 85 g130.3%
Saturated Fat 46.2 g231.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 193.5 mg64.5%
Sodium 3805.8 mg158.6%
Total Carbohydrates 562 g187.3%
Dietary Fiber 65.4 g261.6%
Sugars 232.6 g
Protein 43 g86.2%
Vitamin A 162.8% Vitamin C 2259.4%
Calcium 91.1% Iron 522.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet