Turnips with Apples
|Turnips||2 , cooked and pureed|
|Applesauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soft sweet butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Granny smith apples||2 , peeled, cored and thinly sliced|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. In a large bowl, combine turnips, applesauce, butter, sugar, salt, pepper and eggs; mix well.
3. Butter an 8x8-inch (20-cm) baking dish.
4. Pour half the turnip mixture into the dish, top with apple slices and cover with remaining turnip mixture.
5. Bake in oven for 1/2 hour.