Flambeed Bananas And Apples
|Unsweetened frozen apple juice concentrate||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Pinch|
|Margarine||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped pistachios||2 Teaspoon|
1. In a cup stir together the apple juice concentrate and nutmeg; set aside.
2. Peel the banana and cut it into 1/2-inch diagonal slices.
3. Core but do not peel the apple and slice it into 1/4-inch-thick wedges.
4. In a medium-size nonstick skillet melt the margarine over medium-high heat. Add the apples, and cook, turning the slices to cook them evenly, 1 minute, or until they just begin to brown. Add the banana slices, and cook, turning them to coat them with margarine, 30 to 60 seconds, or until they just begin to soften. Add the apple juice mixture, bring to a boil and cook 1 minute; set aside.
5. In a small skillet heat the rum over low heat 10 to 15 seconds. Carefully ignite the rum with a match and pour the burning rum over the fruit. When the flame goes out, divide the fruit and sauce between 2 plates and top with pistachios.