Apple Cinnamon Cupcakes
|Unbleached all purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Plain low-fat yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Chopped dried apples||2 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Packed brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Butter||5 Tablespoon, melted and cooled|
1. Preheat the oven to 375°.
2. Line 12 muffin tin cups with paper liners; set aside.
5. In a small bowl combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
4. In a medium-size bowl stir together the oats, buttermilk and yogurt.
5. In a large bowl stir together the eggs, apples, sugar and butter, then add the buttermilk mixture and stir to combine. Fold in the dry ingredients just until incorporated and divide the batter among the muffin tin cups.
6. Bake 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean and the tops are golden brown.