Apple Pumpkin Chewies
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Spray a nonstick baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
3. Wash and core but do not peel the apples. Grate the apples into a medium-size bowl; you should have about 2 cups. Add the pumpkin, molasses, sugar, lemon zest and vanilla, and stir to combine; set aside.
4. In a large bowl stir together the flour, oats, baking powder, ginger and salt, and make a well in the center. Add the pumpkin mixture and the egg, and stir just until combined.
5. Drop the batter by tablespoons onto the baking sheet and bake 35 minutes, or until the cookies are golden. Transfer the cookies to a rack to cool. Repeat with the remaining batter. If not serving the cookies immediately, store them in an airtight container. When fresh, they have a moist center; after a few days they will be firmer and chewier.