Blackcurrant Filo Flowers
|Filo pastry||8 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Blackcurrants||8 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Apples||2 , peeled and chopped|
|Liquid honey||3 Tablespoon|
|Whipping cream||8 Fluid Ounce, whipped (250 Milliliter)|
|Pure apple juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Creme de cassis||2 Tablespoon|
|Blackcurrant/Mint leaves||4 (To Decorate)|
1. Cut the filo pastry into twenty-four 10 cm (4 inch) squares. Grease the outside of 8 inverted dariole moulds.
2. Drape 3 squares of filo pastry over each mould, so that the corners are separate and resemble flower petals.
3. Place on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven, 190°C/375°F, for 6-8 minutes, until golden brown; make sure they do not overcook.
4. Leave to cool, then lift off the mould and turn up the right way.
5. Place the blackcurrants, apples and honey in a pan, cover and bring to the boil, then simmer gently for 10-15 minutes, until softened.
6. Cool slightly, then puree in a food processor or blender. Rub through a nylon sieve and leave until cold.
7. Fold half of the puree into the cream and divide the mixture between the filo flowers.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2130 Calories from Fat 784
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 87 g133.4%
Saturated Fat 54.2 g271.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 337.9 mg112.6%
Sodium 1315.2 mg54.8%
Total Carbohydrates 287 g95.8%
Dietary Fiber 11.4 g45.7%
Sugars 100.6 g
Protein 25 g49.6%
Vitamin A 13.9% Vitamin C 724.5%
Calcium 28.4% Iron 46.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet