|Sifted whole wheat flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Apples||8 , peeled, cored and sliced|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Rhubarb||3 Cup (48 tbs), cut into 1/2 inch slices|
|Ground mace||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Quick cooking tapioca||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Put the flour, oats, sugar, and baking soda in a large bowl. With two knives or a pastry blender, work the butter into the dry ingredients until pieces are uniform and quite small.
3. If apple filling is being used, mix apples, sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice and put in bottom of a buttered 9-inch square baking pan.
4. Cover with oats mixture.
5. If rhubarb or blueberry filling is to be used, pat half the oats mixture into a buttered 9-inch square baking pan.
6. Combine the fruit with other ingredients indicated and place on top of the oats mixture. Put remaining oats mixture on top of fruit and bake for 50 minutes, or until done.