|Sifted whole wheat flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Apples||8 , peeled, cored and sliced|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Rhubarb||3 Cup (48 tbs), cut into 1/2 inch slices|
|Ground mace||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Quick cooking tapioca||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Put the flour, oats, sugar, and baking soda in a large bowl. With two knives or a pastry blender, work the butter into the dry ingredients until pieces are uniform and quite small.
3. If apple filling is being used, mix apples, sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice and put in bottom of a buttered 9-inch square baking pan.
4. Cover with oats mixture.
5. If rhubarb or blueberry filling is to be used, pat half the oats mixture into a buttered 9-inch square baking pan.
6. Combine the fruit with other ingredients indicated and place on top of the oats mixture. Put remaining oats mixture on top of fruit and bake for 50 minutes, or until done.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4212 Calories from Fat 991
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 113 g174.1%
Saturated Fat 62 g310%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 453.4 mg151.1%
Sodium 803.2 mg33.5%
Total Carbohydrates 784 g261.5%
Dietary Fiber 70 g279.9%
Sugars 432.3 g
Protein 58 g115%
Vitamin A 87.1% Vitamin C 222.8%
Calcium 61.8% Iron 113%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet