Apple Brown Betty
|Diced apples||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cubed coffee cake||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Slightly Dry)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon peel and juice||1 (Of 1 Lemon)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coarse bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
1. Generously butter a 1 1/2-quart deep round baking dish. Cover bottom with a layer of apples and sprinkle with about a third of brown sugar. Cover with half of the cubed coffee cake.
2. Combine granulated sugar, cinnamon, and lemon peel; sprinkle half of mixture over coffee cake layer.
3. Cover with a second layer of apples; sprinkle with half of remaining brown sugar; cover with remaining cubed cake, sugar-cinnamon mixture, and sprinkle with a blend of lemon juice and water.
4. Cover with remaining apples, brown sugar, and bread crumbs tossed with melted butter.
5. Cover and bake at 350°F 30 to 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer, or until golden brown on top.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5331 Calories from Fat 410
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 216 g332.4%
Saturated Fat 29.1 g145.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 911.5 mg303.8%
Sodium 3444.5 mg143.5%
Total Carbohydrates 821 g273.7%
Dietary Fiber 40.1 g160.3%
Sugars 645.5 g
Protein 71 g142%
Vitamin A 28.5% Vitamin C 436.6%
Calcium 18.4% Iron 12.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet