How to Make Cranberry Apple Crisp
|Apple||5 Large, peeled and sliced (gala, fuji or any other sweet apple can be used)|
|Cranberries||12 Ounce (fresh or frozen)|
|Freshly squeezed orange juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Organic whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Organic sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Organic oats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Pumpkin pie spice||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Walnut pieces||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Coconut oil||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a 10-inch round Corning Ware dish (1.5 “ depth approximately) with coconut oil.
3. In a large bowl, add in sliced apples. Add in orange and lemon juice, lemon extract and fresh cranberries and mix. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and ground cloves. Put butter in the flour mixture, using 2 knives, cut the butter into the flour mixture. As you cut in the butter, the flour and butter will form small balls.Add in the walnut pieces and mix with a spoon.
5. Place apple and berry mixture in the greased Corning Ware dish and drizzle honey over the fruits.
6. Sprinkle the top of the fruit with the flour and spice mixture, covering it completely. Spray coconut oil (or place little bits of butter) on the top.
7. Bake for approximately 40-45 minutes until the topping is golden and apples and cranberries (or cherries) are bubbling.
8. Serve warm with vanilla bean ice cream or whipped cream topping.
If you can’t find cranberries, you can substitute 2 c. fresh or dark cherries (in a jar, draining liquid)